Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

As part of our class today, we were asked to read 3 articles. The first one was entitled "Learning Management Systems" (LMS).  A LMS is a system that allows the teacher to put everything in one place. This reminds me of the classes I took when I was getting my Master's degree. Everything was put there for the students by the instructor. It allows the students to work at their own rate within reason. If a student needs to go back and look at something, it is still there for them to see/do.

The second article was 'Learning Management Systems Take on K-12 Role". "This article also described a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS does not allow the interactive features such as quizzes and discussion boards that the LMS does. 
The point that struck me the most was that there are so many students that don't have access to a computer at home. This certainly limits them when it comes to LMS.

2 comments:

  1. We were just talking about student access to computers and how that will limit our ability to effectively use an LMS. I think we still have too many students that don't have after-school access and a minimal amount of in-school access.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly agree that many elementary students don't have the internet access that many MS and HS Students have.

    ReplyDelete